Bos van Krantz - manor park

Contact

Address:
Herenweg 141
2361 EP Warmond
Plan your route
Distance:

Want to take a romantic stroll? In this manor park, you can experience centuries of garden and landscape architecture. The park is not particularly large, but it is a fine oasis of peace and quiet.

In the village the park forest around Huys te Warmont is known as 'the forest of Krantz', named after the last owner of the manor, a textile trader from Leiden. Centuries old yew trees and swamp cypresses can be found here, as well as beautiful old oak lanes. In addition, there are grassy areas with beautiful names such as Droomweide. The castle moat, which disappears into the woods between the chestnuts, later reappears as Droomvijver. In the autumn, beautiful mushrooms can be found. A walk across this terrain reveals a centuries-old history of garden and landscape architecture.

Landgoed Huys te Warmont, which stands in the…

In the village the park forest around Huys te Warmont is known as 'the forest of Krantz', named after the last owner of the manor, a textile trader from Leiden. Centuries old yew trees and swamp cypresses can be found here, as well as beautiful old oak lanes. In addition, there are grassy areas with beautiful names such as Droomweide. The castle moat, which disappears into the woods between the chestnuts, later reappears as Droomvijver. In the autumn, beautiful mushrooms can be found. A walk across this terrain reveals a centuries-old history of garden and landscape architecture.

Landgoed Huys te Warmont, which stands in the middle of the forest, originated from a medieval fortified farmstead in the 14th century. The house was destroyed by the Spaniards in 1573 and rebuilt around 1600, surrounded by orchards, meadows and vegetable gardens. Two moats formed the connection with the Hofleede.

In the 16th and 17th centuries, straight lanes were laid out. An elongated sight canal was dug behind Huys. Orchards and gardens made way for forest planting. At the beginning of the 20th century, the new owner, C.H. Krantz, had parts of the park laid out by well-known garden architects. The park is now owned and managed by the Zuid-Hollands Landschap.

Take a look

Location